Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Off to the Races....

This weekend Tanner & I went to Ruidoso to the Horse Races...It was so nice just to get away. We have some friends who own a few horses. This was our (at least my) first time to be at the races & actually watch horses that you "know". It made it a lot more fun!! This pic is Tanner & I with our friend Chelsi (in the middle) & her Mom, Stephanie & Step-dad, Jerry.

They are part of a Ranch in New Mexico that has had some MAJOR wins this year. Saturday was no different! They had a 3rd place finish in the Belmont (can you figure out what horse that was) which we were a little disappointed in (mostly because we put our money on him) but everyone was still pumped about 3rd! & the reason we went to Ruidoso was for the QH Derby. The ranch won 1st & 2nd there! It was such a fun day. We went to the winners circle & this pic is in the Hall of Fame at the Track.....for Champagne!

Thanks Chels, Steph, & Nic for letting us tag along!! It was really a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kristina and T.J. said...

How fun!! We are going to the horse races on Thursday but we won't be in the winner's circle :) Hope to see you soon. Love ya

tsquared said...

you look so cute!

Angie Seaman said...

Hi Amber. Thank you so much for inquiring on my blog this morning about the online photography workshop. Any type of camera is fine for the class. There are some students signed up who have point and shoot cameras and other students signed up whom already own their first DSLR. Either type works. We'll discuss settings, cameras, photography in general, how to take better shots, etc. I'll share many of my favorite tips and things I've learned over the past year especially.

I really appreciate your interest. We have several spots still open in the class as of 2:45pm this afternoon. We'd love to have you join us if you are still interested!

Blessings, Angie

Cheryl said...

You look fabulous! I've been missing your blogging.