This was my view on the way home from Church yesterday (& this was before it got bad).....
And I thought...."My house is going to be even more filthy!" But as the day went on, and the wildfires broke out all over our area of West Texas...I could not have been more thankful for this dirt! Why you ask?? The dirt means that we are surrounded by farmland. Farmland that makes for dirt filled window sills throughout the spring, but also provides somewhat of a barrier from wildfires. Yes, it's still possible for the fires to get to us, but its kind of hard for dirt to burn. So...there is my optimistic outlook on the dirt. Someone remind me about that thankfulness when I am sweeping piles of dirt and vacuuming it out of my window sills later this week! Oh..and the fire that "threatened" us and made it smell like a bonfire outside... never crossed the state line! This is the second time since I've live here that we've had a fire head towards our town and it makes you stop and think...What would you take if we had to leave?? I automatically think of my wedding pictures...the boys pictures are mostly on my computer. So...Here's my question: If you had to leave your house and not be sure that you could come back....What would you take with you???
****************************
But pre-fire & wind...we had another great weekend of nothing. I ran to LBK Saturday and got my hair done and some last minute things for my Baby Brothers Wedding this weekend! We are so looking forward to it but still trying to convince Helee that wearing a Tuxedo will be so FUN!! I'm afraid its going to be a bit of a fight to get him out of his jeans & boots!
We're just praying he's in a great mood all weekend!
& Cross....I don't think he'll fight me to put his tux on! He kind of just goes with the flow of things!
Don't forget my question: What would you load up and take?



2 comments:
Thank you for reminding us that there is always something to be thankful for!
I would take my Bible, my children's baby books, the tower to the office computer and Maddie! I am of course assuming someone else got DAD!
I'd grab my babies and cat, of course... I'd give Duke (aka: Short Bus - the new beagle puppy) a second thought, possibly. As far as material items are concerned, I'd certainly grab my scrapbooks and laptops with precious photos. I'd also grab the urn that Babe's (Stubby) dad is in, but I'm guessing ashes burn about like dirt, hehe!
Post a Comment