Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I can't think of a title...

Thank you again for everyone's prayers. It's been a tough couple of weeks. Dad's continuing to improve. Tiffany really is doing a good job about posting on her blog(http://www.mykidsmakemesmile.blogspot.com/). She has good pics of Dad with the kids. I am hoping to make it home soon. With work & all it hard to make that LONG trip over the weekend. Mom is still sending periodic email updates, so if you would like me to forward them to you, just let me know.

Saturday, Tanner & I did get to go on a "date"...well sort of. We went with 2 & 1/2 other couples (one of our friend's husband was in San Antonio at the stock show) out to eat & hang out. We had fun...lots of laughs. We even tried to find a haunted house. (It felt like we were in high school...but fun). We tried to take our own pic in the truck before we left... So, I am finally going to post those pics from our stock show. If you don't know. Tanner & I raise show pigs. I know...who would have thought that of me. Tanner's family has been doing it for, I don't know how long. I think since Tanner started showing. When his sister graduated, he kind of took the operation over from his dad. We have since kept it going. A couple of years ago a friend joined in and it's just grown alittle more each year. For the past 3 or 4 years our pigs have done so well at our county show. We've had some luck this year in Ft. Worth (1st place) & San Antonio (3rd place...Although, Tanner thinks we should have done much better...the pig didn't cooperate at all.)
We had the Champion Barrow (boy pig) come from our barns at the County Show and the Champion Gilt (girl pig) was one that we raised (born at our farm). We also had a reserve breed champ from our farm and numerous 1st places. Next weekend we are going to San Angelo (hopefully I will make it) We have 14 of our pigs showing there. Hopefully they will do well. It's great advertisment for us!

Did you know it took this many people to control a pig...I think it's funny.
I promise...it's not as redneck as it sounds....

No comments: