Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Thankful Weekend!

We had a GREAT weekend in East Texas, although I really think that the trip gets longer, the more kids ya have!!

When we left home on Wednesday, it wasn't too cold, but we all had on sweaters & jackets...the first stop we made, it was 80 degrees! It was so nice.  When we got to my parents, even after the sun went down it was just really nice.  Thursday, though, the cold front came in after lunch.  We let the kids play outside that morning since it was still nice.  Cross even played in the rain alittle!
(Which may explain the runny nose we had the rest of the weekend!)


The boys got to see Aunt KK too! Cross started making a shy face that was SOOO cute! Any time Tiffany would talk to him, he would duck his head.  I wish I would have gotten it on video, we laughed at him so much!


Two of the Four nights we were there, we went down to Fred Lobster...at the river...and hung out alittle while. 


It was just cold enough to have a fire & hang out by the river! 


We took the Old Blazer that I've mentioned before...

Corey decided to take Mike & the kids thru alittle washout.  The Ol'blazer had alittle trouble making it back up the draw! Corey was laughing...the kids weren't!


So we decided we better get them out before they freaked out.
  I mean, why worry about that wall the truck was leaning on??


We lit the fire & sat around as a family for a few hours....


The kids played in the hammock & did a pretty good job not falling out.  Unlike Katie, who flipped out backwards the next night.  HILARIOUS! (Sorry KK...it was!)


Sister-Girl...


No idea what Corey & Tiffany were talking about, but I'm sure it was something important.  I took these thru the flames, so we got a little fumes in the picture!


The Ellis kids....


Sunday Morning we all got up & got dressed in our best Tommy Ellis Trucking shirts for Family pictures! Our GREAT family friend, Jina, came from Ennis.  We had to get on the road & Tiff's family needed to get back home too, so it was one of the quickest shoots ever...like seriously we may could win a contest....but we got them done.

Helee actually did pretty good. So he doesn't have to get Rocks for Christmas!! We do owe him trip to Chuck E Cheese though! He loves taking pictures with my camera...I normally have to delete 50 or so every time I upload my pics to the computer. So when he saw Jina with her camera...he wanted mine!


I cant wait to see the pictures she took!!  Isn't Cross a stud in his TE Trucking shirt!


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We sure did!!

post signature

3 comments:

Courtney and Heather said...

Hi Amber!! That is so funny how you found my blog. It's a small world, isn't it? We are doing great. You have one cute family and I hope you all are doing well! Your two little boys are so cute! I am so glad you found me. I am going to add you to the people we know! TTYL

Aunt KK said...

What a good picture of Cross and I! We had fun with your camera while you were napping! Yea, the hammock accident was reeeaaalll funny (a tad bit of sarcasm was added here)!!! :) I had such a wonderful time with my family! Have a great week and I will see you all soon! I love you!

grana said...

What a wonderful Thankful week we had! God was good to give us good times with each other. The cousins didn't even fight (much). When the house was quiet on Sunday night. Dad said "I wish they were all still here" How blessed we are!
Did you notice how much you three look alike! (not) but I sure love you!